Monday, July 13, 2015

I've recently come to realize that my mother tried to kill me when I was 4... raisedbynarcissists

My mother had 4 children and left us all periodically. When I was like 4, my mom and I lived in a shelter (My aunt had custody of my 2 older brothers. The third had yet to be born. My mother was originally going to abort me, but the ultrasound tech told her I was a girl and she let me live.) Back in the day, we used these amber colored tumblers that everyone had. My Mom usually gave me milk or juice in them. One day, she put one of those cups on the floor between a mini-refrigerator and book shelf and left. 4 y/o me drinks it, thinking that it was juice. It was bleach. The rest is a blur but I remember the paramedics showing up and instructing my mother to give me milk. It dawned on me not so long ago that she was trying to kill me. What sane adult would put something so dangerous within reach of a toddler and leave them alone? I'd never bother trying to talk to her about it though. She'd just deflect and tell me that I was being "melodramatic". 3 years no contract. Zero fucks given/regrets...



Submitted July 13, 2015 at 10:11PM by killjoyrabb http://ift.tt/1M1WbmB raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment