Sunday, July 19, 2015

Help: Waterproof sealant for metal sheet backboard of magnetic spice rack? DIY

I have been making a magnetic spice rack with glass hex jars. http://ift.tt/1RHLElf So far, I've only made the jars and for now I have them hanging on the refrigerator. But they tend to slide down and don't stick to the fridge as strongly as they do to bare metal

As such, I plan on getting a metal plate to use as a backboard. Something inexpensive like this: http://ift.tt/1RHLCtD

My question is as follows: I want to coat the metal sheet with something that will waterproof it but also would make it slightly tacky so that the jars won't slide down as easily (though the magnets work better on straight metal so this isn't crucial). Is there a spray on coating that would be up to the task? (Theoretically food safe would be a plus but probably not essential as food won't really be coming in contact with it...)



Submitted July 20, 2015 at 02:19AM by Leo_29 http://ift.tt/1e9NjgV DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment