This morning I noticed that my fridge has been making lots of noises, nothing unusual, but it constantly sounds like it is working over capacity. I let it go and thought that maybe someone opened the door for too long.
However, a bit over an hour ago, I noticed that it hasn't stopped making noises since this morning, and everything in the fridge was pretty warm. The freezer on the other hand seems ok, but the coldness isn't consistent, as I noticed that the ice in the basket at the very top has lumped up together.
I emptied everything in the freezer & fridge, and I noticed that there was a lot of frost at the back of the freezer. I'm guessing that this means the compressor is ok? I should mention that I noticed that there was no air flowing into the fridge compartment from the top opening.
This might or might not be important, but two days ago, I had to unplug the refrigerator for approximately 20 seconds as I had to remove something from the power outlet. I'm not sure if this is the cause, although it is pretty weird that it happens after I mess with the fridge.
This either means that the unit is not defrosting properly, or the evaporator fan isn't working (I'm pulling this out of my ass). I don't have the materials needed to open up the fridge, so I was wondering if you guys can chime in on this.
Some info about the fridge:
Frigidaire side by side fridge with ice maker and water cooler. Model number FRS20ZSHB4.
Parts page: http://ift.tt/1Ckj6W2
factory parts catalogue: http://ift.tt/18Qz91A
Wiring diagram: http://ift.tt/1Ckj6W4
Owner's guide: http://ift.tt/18Qzbqd
Submitted March 16, 2015 at 08:55AM by Dildo-_baggins http://ift.tt/19pWAzR refrigeration
No comments:
Post a Comment