Friday, July 14, 2017

Refrigerator Coolant Knocks/Rattles appliancerepair

Video 1 (constant knock): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2UA8BhchU

Video 2 (random knocks/rattles): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkrZ8EqvSn0

My refrigerator has been making some annoying knocks/rattles. I took the above two videos to demonstrate the issue. These are worst case scenarios. Usually it's not as severe as this.

I had a technician come over and it was determined to be coming from the coolant system in the freezer compartment. You could actually feel the impact if you put your hand on one of the pipes. He ended up calling Frigidaire and they claimed that it was normal operating noises.

Does this sound normal to you guys? Again, it's definitely the coolant system. When the compressor switches off, you can still hear the fluid circulating and knocking/rattling for a minute or so.

Does this mean that there are air bubbles in the system? The technician told me that I would have to fight with Frigidaire to get a replacement.



Submitted July 14, 2017 at 09:13PM by TwistedMetalGear http://ift.tt/2urnfKS appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment