This is not normal, not worth reading, and is something of a meditative exercise I thought would be good to do, for unknown reasons, around 12:30 p.m. today. It seems that pushing 12:30 a.m. seems oddly appropriate and full circle. You won't want to read it. It won't be thoughtful. It won't provide insight. I'm just trying to remember.
- I woke up at 7:45 a.m. and made myself available to work for the delivery company.
- I made a dreary-eyed swipe through facebook and then rolled over and proceeded to go back into my half-asleep half-awake state that carries me until close to 11 a.m. when the company opens for business.
- As has been his habit, Ike, the dog, spent a portion of that sleep time also asleep nestled against me.
- 11 a.m. comes around and I haven't been pinged on.
- I find this frustrating, mess around on my computer, and begrudge my phone to go off with the familiar sound that signifies they need me at the kitchen.
- I decided to download and transfer some show files to my tablet.
- I get tired of waiting and decide to drive to the kitchen regardless.
- I park next to the queue and pull out a clarinet which I practice for a half hour before getting pinged.
- I continue to play, confused by why the A has a resistance the lower notes don't.
- For Saturday around lunch there's 3 drivers and it's fairly slow.
- I watch an episode of Friends from College while delivering 2 orders.
- While I'm waiting on my third order, I get a notification that an item I posted on Ebay sold.
- I did not think that item was ever going to get sold, and my day took an entirely different direction.
- Now I was concerned about what had happened to the item, heat wraps, because I was sure they had gotten packed and mixed up in the flurry of moving recently.
- It's around 1 p.m. and all I can do is try to imagine where I last saw the heat wraps.
- I had one pack of hot wraps, 1 pack of cold wraps, and I thought I had made special pains to put them somewhere fairly easily accessible in the off chance they actually sold.
- I look through my car and take things out of my trunk.
- I attempt to visualize if they were somehow in the apartment I'm staying in and I just lost track.
- I decide until I explore every corner where I suspect they might be, I'm not going to be able to relax.
- I decided to sign myself off of work and drive to my plot of land and garage.
- First, I had to drive back to the apartment and grab my van keys in case I left them in there, and I also had to check in on and lock Ike up.
- I put Ike in the bathroom with his food and water because he hasn't shit the last few times I took him out and I think his crate is too small to be trapped in for too long.
- I leave the apartment and get halfway through the parking lot before I realize I forgot the key.
- I return and grab it while scolding myself for forgetting the exact reason I even bothered to drive back to the other side of town in the first place.
- I start driving to the plot and start another episode of Friends from College.
- The ride felt like it took longer than I wanted, but the mission came first.
- I parked my car next to my van and went to search it for the wraps.
- The sun is out and I'm immediately drenched in sweat.
- I begrudgingly marvel at my body's ability to retain water as I wipe sweat off my sunglasses, which have a habit of sliding off my face already.
- I walk to my shed and proceed to rearrange and pick through some of the places I thought I would have put them.
- I find my refrigerator magnets and decide I want to finally put them on the wall that separates the back from front in the van.
- I walk to the van and arrange them after a fruitless search does not turn up the wraps.
- I decide to open the garage door and stare ominously at my moving truck.
- Part of my general list of tasks is to move house things from the truck to the garage and storage shed things to the broken moving truck.
- There is a chance the wraps are in one of the boxes at the back of the truck.
- I decided to open the truck, and find that the bay glass window at the gate has shifted just enough that I can only open it about 6 inches.
- Proceeded to pull up and down until I've splashed too much sweat on my glasses and start really feeling the heat coming down from the sun.
- I think maybe I can jostle the window forward by lunging the moving van and hitting the breaks.
- The van does not really run, inches forward and dies.
- I grab a mop and try to inch the window back a bit.
- Much to my surprise, it works and I get the door up most of the way before it catches on a table that has also shifted.
- I grab the pills and stuffed animal bags I used to buffer the window and throw them in the shed.
- I take the last 2 pillows and put them on the ground as I rotate and place the end of the bay glass window onto them.
- I walk the window from each end to the garage door and hoist and push it into the shed.
- I take the mini fridge, white boards, mattresses, and table from the truck and put them into the shed as well.
- I open the toy chest, which didn't have the wraps, so I put it aside.
- I open the freezer, which had scattered tools and things I kept behind the bar, but no wraps.
- I take out the black gutter tubing I found for free on Craigslist and lay it on the ground next to the garage.
- I take out the bar stools I said I'd put at the counter in the apartment.
- I glance at the back of the van, one of my stadium seating platforms laid on top of other things my path to them.
- I shuffle along the platform feeling all of the vehicle keys and lock for the back of the van in my pockets.
- I learn how hot the top of the moving truck is.
- I decide to take a break and go back to my car with the bar stools and sit in the air conditioning for a while.
- I pick ticks off my jeans and flick them back into the weeds.
- I swap out my better looking ill-fitting glasses for poorly colored better fitted ones.
- After a solid portion of sweat dries, I walk back to the van and continue the search.
- One by one I do a bad dismantling of the boxes that I think the wraps would be in.
- I pick up rope, video game controllers, and my drum pad, but no wraps.
- Literally everything I own is now in these two "rooms" and I can't find them.
- I'm tired, hot, and incredibly uncomfortable with the amount of ticks accumulating on my body.
- I decide to pack up and leave. I close and lock the doors on the shed and start walking back to the car.
- Forgetting my drum pad, controllers, and rope, I turn around and retrieve them.
- I sit in my car and take in the air conditioning for 2 minutes before I decide to do one last sweep of the van.
- I open the driver's side door and see a line of ants crawling in the crevasse.
- I use a napkins to sweap them out, concerned they had discovered the flavoring I leave in the van.
- I open the side door and pick up each mildewy cushion and stack them on a counter, despite knowing I had just done as much a week ago when I used them to protect solar panels.
- I confirm there's nothing, lock all the doors and return to my car.
- I make it 100 feet down the gravel-ish path before a tick falls out of my hair onto the back of my neck.
- I do another tick check and find 2 more, all of which I use a quarter to saw through on my dashboard.
- I continue to drive, scratching at my head hoping to dislodge more ticks I cannot feel through my hair.
- I spend the first 20 minutes of the drive humming songs I can't remember to myself and poorly belting out Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" which has been stuck in my head for over a week.
- I decided to start another episode of Friends from College.
- I eyeballed several McDonalds as I drove home as I was craving a Coke, finally attempting to stop at the one in Elletsville only to find the service too slow the the drive-thru as long as the previous one's I skipped.
- I left the McDonals without ordering anything and decided to go to Wal-Mart for anti-tick help.
- I took the wrong exist and had to take a backroad to get to 2nd Street.
- I was stopped in traffic by a train.
- Upon arriving to Wal-Mart, I proceed to the garden section and contemplate buying 2 bags of bug repellent, but settle for one, and then find the Deet containers which I slipped 2 of into my back pocket.
- I walked to the front of Wal-Mart past 8 aisles before finding a cooler than held the Coke.
- I pay for my bag of bug-repellent dust and Coke and leave.
- I get back to the apartment and realize I've forgotten to buy a replacement heat wrap to send to the buyer on Ebay.
- I go back to Wal-Mart and find the heat wrap.
- I pay with a store-credit card I've forgotten to use the last 3 times I've been to that store.
- I return to the apartment and attempt to access the shipping label from Ebay.
- I retrieve my printer from the closet and borrow my projector cord having misplaced the ones that didn't fit securely in the printer during the move.
- I attempt to set it up to wirelessly print with my chromebook.
- I learn a half dozen ways why my model of printer will not work with my chromebook and I individually put in the wifi-password twice, scrolled letter by scrolled letter, because I didn't realize it could differentiate between capitalized and lowercase letters.
- I grab my other broken screen laptop and plug it into the TV.
- I plug the printer into the laptop.
- Not being set up on the wifi yet, it doesn't download the printer drivers.
- I connect to the wifi and download both the simple and complete version of the drivers for my printer.
- The simple do not install.
- The complex require me to run into my settings and enable something I don't know how it got disabled.
- I install the larger package and reset my computer.
- I re-open the pages with the shipping label and pay for and print it.
- I make myself available to work again.
- I put my bowl of previously cooked tater-tots in the microwave, 20 seconds after which I get pinged on to work.
- One of the roommates enters with his girlfriend.
- I let the microwave finish and bring my label and and heat wraps with me.
- I arrive and run inside to grab a Sierra Mist.
- I get back to my car and watch Friends from College and finish off my tots.
- I make two deliveries, one in the same apartment complex I'm staying in across town a half hour before close.
- I decide to go back to the kitchen just in case for any last minute orders.
- I go inside for a Sierra Mist and Mountain Dew combination drink and talk and joke with some of the kitchen staff.
- They start to clean up and I return to my car.
- I sit there finishing an episode as no further orders come in.
- I return to the apartment.
- I search my clothes for a complete set and realize I'm out of clean underwear.
- I grab my normal clothes and a pair of swim trunks and take them to the shower.
- I examine myself in the large mirror for more ticks and take extra time brushing my fingers through my hair and scratching my scalp.
- I get done, dressed, and take to the couch to start writing this.
- I engage in small talk with a roommate
- A little later the roommate's girlfriend comes in and inquires if I'm to be here tonight.
- I explain my circumstances but also take the hint.
- I put on shorts and proceed to the bars.
- On the drive I realize though I just got out of the shower I forgot deodorant and used the emergency cologne I keep in the car.
- I park in the garage around the corner from The Back Door.
- I hear the music from the street, walk in and pay the $2 cover, and proceed to the bar.
- I order a PBR because it's the cheapest thing on the menu and tip $.50
- I watch the different groups around me and catch a girl do a lean to check out if I'm hot.
- She concludes I'm not to her friends and retort in my head that she has 2 years left of wearing shorts like that.
- I drink the PBR before going to the dance floor.
- I dance for 4 or 5 songs, sometimes next to one girl in particular, but not with her.
- I return to the bar for another PBR and wipe down my face with the bar napkins.
- An acquaintance walks in and does not like my cold peace sign flash to his wave as he heads to the bar.
- We banter a bit about the proper kind of introductions in the future.
- I head back to the dance floor for 2 more songs before I decide to head outside to the porch.
- I stand against the railing for a few minutes and check my phone before wandering away mouthing the words to the song playing.
- I walk around the corner to the taco truck outside of Atlas.
- I accidentally obscure a couple checking out the menu which I was looking for as well.
- I order a $3 chicken taco and make a circle around the cook standing in different places as I wait.
- A very drunk mid 40's hair stylist notices and compliments my hair.
- She stumbles up to me while her friend tries to reign her in.
- I let her play with my hair and tell me how she thought I might be someone her sister recently started dating in town.
- Her friend thanks me for letting her play with my hair and corrals her back to where they were standing.
- I get my taco, a fork, and a napkin and start to eat and wander around again.
- I cross the street to where the other Taco dealers were and continued down past The Comedy Attic.
- I decided to sit up on a small wall the separates the parking lot and street.
- I hear music from The Root Cellar and contemplate popping in for a second.
- The light above my head goes out.
- A drunk-enough guy walks up to me and says he's putting out the word that there's some seriously messed up drugs going around in town after asking me if I was from here.
- He explains he's seen too many good people die for no reason and that he doesn't judge what I might do, but just to be careful.
- I tell him I've seen the lights from all of the recent overdoses, but I don't do those kind of drugs.
- He says he doesn't either and we fist bump and he leaves telling me to take care.
- I walk back to my car in the parking garage and am tempted to steal a city ladder laid in the level below it.
- I drive back listening to the DJ mash-up of the most popular radio station.
- I get home and continue to write this.
- A roommate comes out of his room, grabs laundry, places Ike in the crate, and goes back to his room.
- I flirt with closing my eyes for the night and lazily scan for a place to add more unnecessary detail.
- I add a few more and decide I can return to this later despite feeling it has served its purpose; a purpose I still cannot define.
- I adjust my way too old and irritating contact lens, scratch my chest, end this sentence and click publish.
Submitted July 16, 2017 at 01:18PM by sadallthetimeagain http://ift.tt/2vq6qN1 self
No comments:
Post a Comment