I used the text here from a post I did on a RV specific forum, but it gives the best overview of the situation. Basically my wife an I are at the end of our patience with this RV and just want the manufacturer to buy it back from us so we can get into a more reliable unit. Do i have a case at all? Or do I chock this up as a learning curve and try to get as much as I can by trading in?
So, we have had a laundry list of issues with our coach that seems to never end. Some of it is small, others are big. We bought the rv knowing that we would have issues but this seems never ending.
My Forest River contact has also stopped responding once I mentioned us wanting to talk to FR about them buying back the RV.
- Furnace vent cover paint chipping/rusting
- Steering Alignment incorrect
- Nonfunctional TV antenna (3 dealer visits which ended with full replacement)
- Rear window seal not properly set (found at pickup)
- Recliners do not latch closed properly
- GFCI outlet failed on second trip out
- Cruise control did not work properly
- Tow haul mode was not working correctly
- Under-body storage compartment latches/locks corroding
- Power converter/charger failed
- Passenger Window shattered while sitting in our driveway
- Took 4 weeks to receive replacement from factory
- Repeated floor lifting issues.
- This was first addressed early on in June 2016
- Another attempt to fix this (3rd time I believe) was completed at the same time as the door issue(2017)
- 12v outlets failed
- Bathroom door did not fit correctly resulting in damage
- 5 doors to get suitable replacement
- Refrigerator door handle broken
- Screws in slide bracket (outside) broke/popped off
- Leveling system needs to be replaced, loses pressure and unlevels coach
- Living room slide rubbing on floor
- Entry steps not fully retracting
- Trim pieces falling off
- Fresh Water tank empties itself if too full
- Driver side Speaker moutning location broke loose
- Black tank rinse hose was not properly attached when first bought would spray entire underside of coach
- Dash A/C leaks water all over coach floor during usage
- Generator takes abnormal amount of time to start, even after priming, just being shutdown
And I'm probably missing a few things. Am I crazy in thinking that this is abnormal and the coach is a lemon? It just seems like every-time one thing is fixed, something else breaks. The RV has literally been in the shop/out of commission for over 50% of our ownership. And we're currently still waiting for parts!
Submitted July 14, 2017 at 10:51PM by Knoxie_89 http://ift.tt/2vlfoLw legaladvice
No comments:
Post a Comment