I've been working on a beer brewing assistant for the past couple of weeks and can't believe I haven't shared it with this community yet.
I was looking to build something that could be added to my brew day without necessarily overhauling my entire system.
I have a high temperature probe that can give a constant reading of the wort from mash to boil to cooling. It also includes a function to calculate water infusions if either my mash temp drops too low, or if I'm doing a step mash (it keeps track of grain weight as well as the amount of water currently in the mash tun.) A constant monitor of wort cooling also allows me to minimize air exposure post boil. I'll then swap the high temp probe out for one that will be used to monitor the fermentation, which will then control a refrigerator to keep temps under control.
Anway, here are some photos of the project as it stands now. I have a brew day coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll let everyone know how it goes. :)
Submitted January 08, 2017 at 08:06AM by chicagojosh http://ift.tt/2ipA6DP Homebrewing
No comments:
Post a Comment