Long story. I believe I know where the issue lies, but not positive how to fix it.
All of the outlets listed are GFCI's. My refrigerator is on x1. X2 and X3 stopped working out of nowhere. My fridge stayed on. After a lot of troubleshooting, I "tested and reset" X1, and the downstream outlets started working again. Weird.
This morning, X2 and X3 weren't working again, but the fridge is still on. I feel confident that the GFCI is going/has gone bad (I wouldn't be surprised if it's 5+ years old). But I heard that it's not great to have the refrigerator on a GFCI. How bad would it be if I replaced that outlet with a standard outlet? Would it mess stuff up? Should I just try replacing it with another GFCI?
Edit: Picture link http://ift.tt/2fi1ClB
Submitted November 08, 2016 at 02:08AM by IAmAnOutsider http://ift.tt/2fwnKM3 HomeImprovement
No comments:
Post a Comment