Hello fellow homeowners -
Last week we just moved into our new home. It's a single family, 3 bed, 2 bath house in Northern CA. In reviewing the logs from PG&E on our power usage, I've noticed that we have two spikes of consumption each day, one from 4am to 5am and one from 4pm to 5pm. The afternoon spike is always bigger (averaging about 2 kwh) and seems to account for about 1/4 of the day's total usage of power.
I'd like to track down what is using this power, to see if I can adjust it or reduce it (or stop it altogether), but I'm not sure where to start. The house has:
- Central Air and Heat (Both of which we keep off at all times unless we really need it)
- Traditional hot water heater
- An outdoor above-ground spa (heated at all times)
- Dishwasher
- Refrigerator (in kitchen, no others)
We don't have a TV installed yet, and we only use lights when we are in the rooms. The fact that the power usage happens EVERY day at 4am and 4pm, for one hour, tells me it has to be some scheduled thing, but I'm just not sure how to identify what it is or control it.
Anyone want to help me track this down, or otherwise give some pointers on what to do?
Thanks in advance.
Submitted September 12, 2016 at 11:43PM by bposeley http://ift.tt/2cmxmpK homeowners
No comments:
Post a Comment