Hi,
Background: We've been together 4 years. We live separately and with our families as we're in our final year of college but we plan on moving out together soon. Bf doesn't get along with family and has created a true living space in his room which I'm really proud of him for; all for the sake of his sanity (shitty family) and with the limited space in the bedroom, he has created a nice work space, has a refrigerator, slow cooker, organizational units, etc. but no true living room "area" considering small space.
Female Friend Lola: My bf and Lola have been good friends mostly throughout high school which was about 9 years ago. After highschool they stopped hanging out and have recently reconnected. Overall, they seem to have have a nice friendship and I'm genuinely happy about that considering he's very introverted (as am I) and he longs for deep connections with people. They only ever hang out occasionally and grab dinner, and recently hang outs at my bf's home in his bedroom. According to him, they have done this because well he can't host In the rest of the home because he doesn't get along well with family and as a fellow introvert, he's not big on going to bars or clubs or any other place meant to serve as a space for social gathering. Also, Lola's big hobby is dancing Salsa and that sort of thing and finally convinced my bf to partake in a lesson; this also occurred in his bedroom and no its not a "winky-face" dance lesson, an actual one.
The issue: Simply put, I do not approve of ANY female in his bedroom - that's it. I really don't care who It is so this is not a personal attack on Lola, I simply think it's inappropriate. I understand the dilemma in not being able to host in the living room because of his family but my solution to that problem would be, don't bring her over at at all and maybe meet at a park? He doesn't think it's inappropriate (at all) and I can tell is not happy that I have a problem with it BUT I am not ever going to be okay with this.
Need for advice: Am I wrong to feel this way? How should I go about handling this situation? Would you be okay with this? What's the best approach in trying to be fair to both our opinions?
Thanks!
Tl;dr I think It's inappropriate for my bf to host female friend in bedroom and not sure if I'm crazy for feeling this way or what?! Need advice on handling this.
Submitted August 20, 2015 at 04:35AM by Lethalfresa http://ift.tt/1TWQR4m relationships
No comments:
Post a Comment