Monday, July 13, 2015

What can I eat when I'm allergic to just about everything healthy? EatCheapAndHealthy

My diet is full of carbs and dairy, because I'm allergic to a huge amount of fruits and vegetables (oral allergy, so melons, strawberries, peaches, bananas, zucchini, sunflower seeds, kiwi, celery, avocados, raw carrots, raw broccoli, raw anything), along with tree nuts, pine nuts, almonds, pecans, that sort of thing.

Right now my diet mainly consists of cereal, yogurt with granola, and salad. I've been supplementing with mac and cheese and chicken soup, but I really want to rely less on processed foods. I like peas and broccoli, but I don't exactly have a wide range of experience with vegetables or what to do with them...

Alsoooo...I can't really use the kitchen too much. I mean, we have a refrigerator and stove, but my roommates have kind of wrecked the kitchen and there's always a ton of bugs and ants so I like to have my food prep take as little time as possible. There's also little to no room for leftovers.

Any small, easy changes I can make that don't take too much room or time? I have exactly $150/month as food budget.



Submitted July 14, 2015 at 07:33AM by night-bus http://ift.tt/1Ld6Ud7 EatCheapAndHealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment