Yesterday was my first time attempting a steak on my weber and I have been putting it off for some time now out of fear. I would like to start off by saying thank you to SnowKrashKen for the write up, I followed it as best I could and could not have been more pleased.
Process:
Brine: Salted the ribeye and covered in saran wrap. Placed in the refrigerator for about an hour and a half.
1.5 hours in I took it out of the refrigerator to come to room temp while I started the weber kettle.
After the grill was ready to go I threw some wood chips on and placed the ribeye on the indirect side. I kept the bottom vents closed and the top vents open.
Here's where things got funky. I have neighbors and I'm a bottom floor unit so as the wood chips got going I had a massive amount of smoke coming out and I got worried I was going to get some shit from the neighbors. This made me start taking on and off the lid to let the wood chips die off a bit and release the cloud of smoke. I did this twice over 5-10 minutes.
At 97 degrees I flipped it. (30-35minutes)
After about 10 minutes I opened the bottom vents to let the grill start getting hotter for the upcoming reverse sear.
At 15 minutes when the ribeye hit 125 degrees I pulled it.
I patted down the steak with some dry paper towels and then coated another paper towel with vegetable oil and coated the steak. I also grinded black pepper over the steak at this point.
At this point I put the steak back on, right over the coals (direct heat). I gave it 4 minutes on the first side and about 3 on the second. The fat was dripping right in and the flames were hitting it pretty hard near the end.
I let it rest for about 10 minutes and then we cut into it.
This is easily one of the best steaks I have ever had and now I can't wait to invite people over to show it off.
Please let me know if there's anything I did wrong or could have done better. This is my first try and it's my goal to get much better.
Photo Album: http://ift.tt/1CAchC6
Submitted July 13, 2015 at 08:37PM by Shepherding http://ift.tt/1eWuFtw BBQ
No comments:
Post a Comment