My father hates apples. At the point that if he smells them (eg. if someone is eating them close or has an apple perfume) he stands and leave the room. He has told me this come from when he was a child and his nannies would tie him and force him to eat his meals, where applesauce was often the dessert. He also hates a variety of fruits (oranges, watermelons, pears, etc...), but nothing as much as apples.
(By the way, he doesn't force his tastes on the rest of the family and we eat pretty much all foods, including apples, just not in front of him.)
On the other hand, there are certain foods he just love like Ice Cream and... Quince Cheese (a pretty common food in my country). Forever since I remember, there has been quince cheese in the fridge. He loves to add it to pretty much all his desserts, to eat it alone with cream, to it it in his bread... You know: he loves it.
The thing is, as for my my job I recently had to do some stuff in one of the factories that, along other stuff, produce quince cheese. When I asked to have a tour to the factory, the people I went with happilyallowed me and showed most of the manufacturing process. There I saw tons of barrels of Apple Pulp. The people at the factory promptly told me that qince was too dense and clogged the pipes, so they mixed it with apple pulp to give it the right consistency. When I came home I picked the pack that was on the refrigerator (other brand) and there it was, right in the ingredients: apple pulp.
So here I am now. Should I tell him and take away one of his favorites food or should I keep quiet and let him enjoy it?
TL;DR: Found out my dad's favorite food is made with apples, which he absolutely hates. Not sure if I should tell him.
Submitted July 14, 2015 at 07:42PM by BrocoLee http://ift.tt/1TzXR92 relationships
No comments:
Post a Comment