IThe leak is fixed but I don't know what to do about the floor. I've searched online but haven't found much, probably because I don't know the proper nomenclature for these things.
I think the wood sheet was called "luan". That seems to be what has warped and made the floor bulge. You can step off it and it springs back up. The bulge probably covers an area of 4-5 feet. It's about 1 inch off the floor at its highest point.
I'd like to fix it myself. The only thing is I don't have any specialty tools or a lot of energy for a big project. One m method I saw online involved rewetting the floor and weighing it down with weights . The other involved removing the quarter round and stretching the floor out more. The second one sounds more doable but I worry about the ease of removing and reseating the quarter round.
Submitted April 11, 2015 at 08:55AM by ishantbeashamed http://ift.tt/1Jy7AqZ fixit
No comments:
Post a Comment