In a moment of utter stupidity, I punched a refrigerator a few weeks back. I immediately regretted the decision. I had pain around the fourth meta-carpel, felt like I probably had a boxer's fracture.
I wrapped it up for the night - it was still hurting the next day, so I decided to go to a "doc-in-the-box". They x-ray'd it and the Doc on duty it didn't look like I had a boxer's fracture (but that she'd verify with a radiologist & call me later if there was a diff opinion). She never called, so I figured it was all fine.
I was relieved. They gave me the CD with the x-ray on it in case I wanted to take it to an ortho (I have not). That was a couple of weeks ago, I still have some pain & discomfort in the same area.
I'm worried it might be a fracture and/or issue with the Trapezoid (small bone below the 4th metacarpal) :
XRays :
- 1, zoomed out : http://ift.tt/1CRiVmb
- 2, zoomed in : http://ift.tt/1A90PWV
- 3, max zoom: http://ift.tt/1CRiVmk
- 4, max zoom with annotation: http://ift.tt/1A90PpV
Bones in hand (for reference) :
Submitted March 09, 2015 at 12:32AM by ImmediatelyRegret092 http://ift.tt/1A90Qdb diagnosis
No comments:
Post a Comment