Hello,
I had my debit card in my back pocket about a week ago. I seem to have misplaced it - but my workplace is small, so I had figured it slid under a refrigerator or something like that. I didn't cancel it as I have my card # memorized and didn't want to get a new one - mistake #1.
As it turns out, my card doesn't require a pin to make foreign withdrawals. I logged in today to check my status, and I had about 500$ withdrawn from my account in 2 transactions today. I immediately called TD and reported it, but I told them that I had lost it and hadn't reported it. They told me they would launch an investigation, and that it would be likely I would reimbursed- but that there was no guarantee. the only problem would be that I didn't report it lost.
Here's my dilemma - as it was a foreign country, how was my debit card used if they don't have my PIN? It's not exactly easy to guess - this is what I don't get. I have been looking up TD fraud cases online and all of them say they received little help and often were not reimbursed.
If anyone could offer any insight, please do so. Thanks!
Submitted March 20, 2015 at 02:12AM by puffersquirrel http://ift.tt/1FagL1O PersonalFinanceCanada
No comments:
Post a Comment