I jolt awake and look at the time. 3:09. I groan trying to go back to sleep because I know I have school in the morning. I hear my dog snoring loudly as my brain starts to wake up. I know there's no getting back to sleep. I get up and try to navigate my pitch black room like every morning making my way to the bathroom to get ready. I get there and notice some things off, its darker and colder than usual. My bathroom seems different but I can't quite put my finger on it. I shrug it off to the thought of my sleep deprived mind. I hop into the shower and bathe in the nice hot water. As I step out and immediately panic, I know I didn't leave the door closed. I throw on some pants and grab my phone and lock myself in my room. I call my parents not thinking of the police panic flooding through my body. I'm sweating and dripping wet. I try to find my dog to have comfort and can't find him anywhere. I look all through out my house and I find him curled up on the couch. I happily pat him on the head and start to make breakfast. I open up the refrigerator and am greeted by nothing. No fear here. Until I go to sleep and find my mind wondering and I think how easy it would be to walk into someone's house and kill them. I sleep better than I ever have before.
Submitted March 18, 2015 at 10:46PM by ArsonistsGetTheGirls http://ift.tt/1BVdq46 shortscarystories
No comments:
Post a Comment