Thursday, February 19, 2015

The abandon house I wish I never went into. nosleep


I live in a very small town. Only about 500+ people but the town sits near a highway going between two larger towns/small cities.


Since this is a small town it is incredibly boring. So my friends and I would just go around and look around and go into places that we shouldn't. For a smal town that's barely over a mile wide, it has five churches that only a few people go to, and three or four graveyards with probably more tombstones than people. More dead people here than alive. The graveyards are old though, some of the headstones date back to the civil war.


There's also a huge network of of drainage tunnels that run under the roads i guess to keep them from flooding. These tunnels can be up to ten feet tall and fifteen feet wide at the most and can go on long enough to make you think that you got stuck in an endless maze. The first time I saw theses tunnels I was with my brother and one of his friends. I didn't know where we were going, but when I saw the tunnel I just didnt to go in. But I did go in. Only ten feet. My brother was holding a pretty good light that on a clear night could light up trees for hundreds of feet but the tunnel was just so long that the light couldn't reach the end. So I told them I didnt want to go farther and my brother, being the infinite source of knowledge and reinforcement that he is, said "stop being such a pussy".


It was embarrassing for me but i turned around and walked out feeling my brother and his friend staring at me.


My brother came back hours later covered in mud. I asked him what happend and he told me that the tunnels go on for a long time and parts of it go down and mud builds up down there when it rains.


There was this other time where my brother and his friends where at the park (i wasnt there). They saw some guy walking down the street. He had blankets rapped around him and he was just muttering to himself. One of my brothers friends said something and everyone starts laughing and the guy looks at them and walks away. Turns out the guy excaped from a fucking mental hospital 20 miles away and ended up in the town.


Anyway the town is kinda separated with older buildings and houses on one side and newer ones on the other side and of course we have abandon buildings.


So about a year or two ago my friend and I are walking around, bored out of our fucking minds that we just decide to go exploring. We find a dirt/gravel road with a gate in front of it with a "no trespassing" sign on it and an old two story house at the end. We've known about this house before but we never went into it because we never really felt like it.


Of course to bored teenagers a "no trespassing" sign translates into "you're not supposed to go here but there's some cool stuff but you might get your ass shot". So we just jumped the gate and kept walking.


We got to the house and it was the default, stereotypical, creepy old house. It had a deck with a roof covering it, a large bay window, rotting wood and chipping paint. The windows were boarded up pretty well, I guess to keep people out.


My friend knows how I am with these things.


Friend: "if you go in there by yourself and stay for at least ten minutes, i will pay you fifty bucks"


Me: "fuck that! Why would I even want to go in there? "


Friend: "for fifty dollars"


Me: "nope dont feel like it"


Friend: "if you dont i will tell -insert name here- that you like her"


Me: "fuck you"


Friend: "just go in there for a few minutes that's all you have to do"


Me: "yeah and you're just going to run off while I'm in there"


Friend: "no i sware i wont. If i do I'll give you a hundred dollars"


Me: "fucking damn it, alright but stay right here"


Friend: "if you find something cool like a sword or something, take it"


So i began to walk up the steps and i hear something behind me. My friend was begining to walk away. And i just glare at him. He tells me to calm down and that he was just messing with me.


I trust him so i turn around and walk to the door. I was expecting not to be able to get in the house. I was thinking the door was going to be locked. The door was locked but the wood was so rotten that i could break off the knob and open the door.


I began to walk in but i turned around to look at my friend to make sure he wasn't trying anything. He looked genuinely interested so i knew he wasn't going to walk away.


I walked into the room. Theres junk everywhere. Just old boxes, picture frames, glasses, peices of wood or chairs. It was dark. I had a small LED flashlight with me and my phone. The flashlight was pretty strong. Strong enough for me to go through a moldly old house for a few minutes.


The room had nothing i wanted to go through in it so i turned right twords the enterence to a hallway. In the hall on the far left was a bathroom. Nothing in it except broken mirror fragments and a bathtub toilet and sink. The next room going down the hallway was the kitchen. I didn't go in. The thought of old food or seeing the refrigerator open for some reason really freaked me out.


The next part was the stairs.


For some dumbass reason the thought of a refrigerator freaks me out more that walking upstairs in a fucking creepy old house. What the fuck brain?


Of course i was still scared to go up the stairs. I felt like someone was going to jump down on me. The stairs when up to a wall then turned right then turned right again. The stairs were clear. No debris, just old and thankfully strong wood stairs. The room right in front of the stairs was i guess the adults room. Just plain blue walls with some furniture and a closet and a old bed that i had no intention of going close to. Childhood instincts of monsters under the bed kept me in the door way.


The next room was a childs room.


Absolutely, super fucking creepy to see toys on the floor. I guess the surrealism of it all just got to me and freaked me out (toys and refrigerators dont usually scare me).


Then just terror.


There a was a silhouette of a person near the window. My thoughts went instantly to demon children waiting to rip me apart. The beam of my light reached its feet. It had no feet. Just a pole. It was a mannequin. Just a scary fucking unnecessary mannequin in a childs room in an abandoned house out in the middle of the woods that i was in alone.


I did not shine the light on its head. It would just freak me out more.


Needless to say i turned around and closed the damn door.


My curiosity kept me going.


Curiosity killed the cat.


Curiosity killed the dumbass teen who was in somewhere he really shouldn't be.


I opened the next door.


I dont know what the room was. Who it would have belonged to. A daughter, a baby, or what. I dont know because the entire god damn room was filled with mannequins. Just enough room to open the fucking door. I had my light right next to my head just out of habit of going though places like this and being scared. Having the light next to my head makes me feel like i can react faster and look at something faster if i need to.


The light landed on their faces.


Imagine very life like shiny faces. Now make that out of cracked yellow stained porcelain and give it eyes. Now make it smile a smile that doesnt fit its face quite right.


Every. Single. One. Was facing the door. Just fucking waiting. Every single one was cracked or missing its face entirely. I quickly closed the door. I didn't slam the door. I guess i wanted to be quiet. I felt like i was in danger. Like someone else was there.


I turned around and I'm facing more stairs. The house is two stories but it also has an attic. I can see more silhouettes of the mannequins up the stairs through the open door.


I was just sitting there deciding on what to do when something moved into the door way. A shadow was in the door way.A mannequin somehow flew down the stairs and almost hit me.


You know that feeling where you're walking upstairs from the dark basement or down the hallway at night and you feel like someone is right behind you. So you run and you constantly feel like some things hand is inches from your shirt and all it wants to do is drag you down? Imagine that but times a million.


I just fucking yelled and jumped down the stairs. I jumped about teen feet down to the platform then jumped again to the bottom floor, fucking ran down the hallway and out the door to see my friend confused and sitting in the grass.


I just sprinted pass him. I didnt stop until i reached the gate.


He caught up with me and yelledat me to stop and explain what happened. When i told him i was fully expecting him to ask me if we could go back and take another look. But he didn't. We went back to my house, i turned on all the lights and sat on the couch just staring at the wall.


A few days later my friend texted me. Our conversation went something like this:


Friend: "hey -name-"


Me: "hey"


Friend: "so i did something and dont be mad when i tell you ok?"


Me: "lol what did you do this time? Did you get a game without me? "


Friend: "i went back to the house with -other friend- and -another friend-. All of the doors upstairs were locked.we couldn't even break the attic door open."


Me: "no every door was open"


Friend: "no we could not get them open at all"


Friend: "the front door and the doors on the bottom floor were the only ones we could get open"


Friend: "those mannequins are fucking creepy. Some asshole put the head of one in the fridge"


Friend: "did you hear the history about that house? "


Friend: "are u there?"


Me: "i dont want to know anymore. Don't tell me anymore. I dont fucking care about that place."


He never mentioned it to me again. I'm sure he has told other people but i really dont care.


I pushed that memory from my mind for a long time. I forgot it until recently. The house burned down a few weeks ago. They don't know what started it for sure. And i dont care.


If anyone is interested i'll draw those fucking mannequins. I will not draw much more than an outline though.







Submitted February 20, 2015 at 09:39AM by Affablesea9917 http://ift.tt/17xYfBF nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment