Saturday, August 19, 2017

I got denied alcohol the day I turned 21 offmychest

I turned 21 on July 1st of this year. I went up to this huge wine warehouse, with my now ex girlfriend, and went and got a giant bottle of pink Moscato for us to share. As I walked up to the counter I was confident and ready to pull out my credentials for this lovely Arabian man. He asked for my i.d of course because I look like a 7 year old when I shave, I showed him it and he gave me this weird look, like he was angry with me. He then proceeded to ask "you're 21 today?" Of course I answered with a big "YEP". He then shot me down extremely hard when he said "You have to be 21 years old for 24 hours before you can buy alcohol. I was shocked... and quite disappointed... then I realized how many people go out for their 21st birthday to get drunk. I argued with him and he then called another clerk over, when we presented the scenario to him he ALSO said he wasn't sure. So we went through a huge process of arguing and me trying to get my point across. They ended up calling their manager and he said "of course you can sell alcohol to him.. he's 21..".. after about 30 minutes of arguing over selling alcohol to a 21 year old, I finally got my wine. My ex and I went home and that bottle of wine sat in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, after me going to the bar multiple times of course. I came home from work one day from a short swing shift at the good ole Dave and Busters and took a fat nap. She came home from work and opened the bottle, AFTER 2 WEEKS, she couldn't get the cork out and ended up shoving the cork into the alcoholic liquid and ruined the whole bottle. Morals of the story: Don't argue with the clerk. Just go to another store and save yourself the trouble. And of course, don't date a psycho who says she likes wine and can't even open the fucking bottle.



Submitted August 19, 2017 at 04:41PM by Mavericks96 http://ift.tt/2fUjUy9 offmychest

No comments:

Post a Comment